Tuesday 6 October 2015

…two years have passed…


More than two years have passed since my „first” unpublished post.
Ten days after I’ve wrote it, our landlady has passed. Because of that (despite the fact that we were allowed to stay for next two months) nothing has been changed since. Time has stopped for that place. My (not mine) another little world discontinued to give joy. We had to look for another one... It wasn’t easy. When we eventually found the place to rent, and all the formalities with agency were settled it came to our knowledge that the landlady won’t allow for any changes in the house. She inherited the house after her granny and she wished for everything to stay exactly as it was – sort of museum for late grandma, in which you can’t place any of your own furniture nor put away bouquets of artificial flowers which house was packed with. I couldn’t have lived in a place where you can’t change/express anything.
We had yet another adventure with a house which got sold just before we were about to move in. Always something, but nothing happens without a reason – they say. We have rented a home in Old Windsor -  me, my husband and a close friend of ours. We share it till now. We have been living here for nearly 2 years. One year ago a new tenant has joined us. Our son :).

That’s the whole story. I was out of the woods :).

And now, the promised metamorphosis of table and chairs.
I’ve bought them on Gumtree. Below you can see it all on a picture taken by the seller. Discription did not mention anything about it being in terrible condition... Which I, unfortunately found out after delivery.

                                        The worst were chair’s legs and cushions.





                                                           Cushion’s fill:



Sanding paper went in motion:





I’ve painted table and chairs with Annie Sloan chalk paint, which does it’s job if you are going for shabby chic style. I was not impressed with it. It dries up very quick – you might think it’s a good thing, but if you are trying to achieve a pretty smooth finish, you have to try hard. It’s ideal for creating a brush stroke effect on your furniture. I used roller as wanted for surface to be as smooth as possible. After it dried, I’ve applied wax from the same brand.

Here’s how it came out:













At the moment it’s too shabby chic for me. 
Tastes do change, you know... ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment